- Release Date: October 15, 2019
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Vulnerability Type: Remote Code Execution, Unrestricted File Upload and Cross Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 3.0.2 and below
- Severity: Critical
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H/E:F/RL:O/RC:X
- CVE: CVE-2019-16700
The extension allows to upload arbitrary files to the webserver. For versions 1.2.2 and below, this vulnerability results in Remote Code Execution. In versions later than 1.2.2, the vulnerability can result in Denial of Service, since the webspace can be filled up with arbitrary files. The extension also includes jQuery 2.2.4 which is known to be vulnerable against Cross Site Scripting.
An updated version 3.0.3 is available from the TYPO3 extension manager and at https://extensions.typo3.org/extension/download/slub_events/3.0.3/zip/
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Credits go to Security Team Member Torben Hansen who discovered and reported the vulnerability.