- Release Date: October 15, 2019
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Vulnerability Type: Information Disclosure
- Affected Versions: 5.2.2 and below
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:X
- CVE: CVE-2019-16698
A missing access check in the backend module of the extension allows a backend user without access to configured tables (e.g. fe_users, tt_address) to view and export data of users subscribed to a newsletter.
An updated version 5.2.3 is available from the TYPO3 extension manager and at https://extensions.typo3.org/extension/download/direct_mail/5.2.3/zip/
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Credits go to Markus Klein who discovered and reported the vulnerability.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.