- Release Date: May 07, 2019
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Vulnerability Type: Remote Code Execution
- Affected Versions: 2.0.0 and 1.1.2 and below
- Severity: High
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE: not assigned yet
The extension fails to validate arguments passed to a shell command resulting in Remote Code Execution. The issue is only exploitable, if an attacker is able to upload files directly (e.g. SFTP or FTP) to the filesystem.
Updated versions 2.0.1 and 1.1.3 are available from the TYPO3 extension manager and at https://extensions.typo3.org/extension/download/imageoptimizer/2.0.1/zip/ and https://extensions.typo3.org/extension/download/imageoptimizer/1.1.3/zip/
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Credits go to Sascha Egerer who discovered and reported the vulnerability.