- Release Date: January 22, 2019
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Vulnerability Type: Multiple vulnerabilities
- Affected Versions: 1.1.0 and below
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE: not assigned yet
The extension fails to property check User Access Rights to posts which makes it possible for registered forum users to modify and take over posts of foreign users. The extension also creates an upload directory with 777 permissions.
An updated version 1.1.1 is available from the TYPO3 extension manager and at https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/download/typo3_forum/1.1.1/zip/.
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Users are advised to manually check and correct the permissions of the directory “uploads/tx_typo3forum/attachments/” to the value configured in [SYS][folderCreateMask]
Thanks to Sebastian Muszynski who discovered and reported the vulnerability.