- Release Date: August 9, 2018
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 0.1.0 and below
- Severity: High
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:U/RC:C
- CVE: not assigned yet
The extension fails to properly encode user input for output in HTML context.
Versions of this extension that are known to be vulnerable will no longer be available for download from the TYPO3 Extension Repository. The extension author failed in providing a security fix for the reported vulnerability in a decent amount of time.
Please uninstall and delete the extension folder from your installation.
Thanks to Security Team Member Nicole Cordes who discovered and reported the vulnerability.