- Release Date: August 9, 2018
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Vulnerability Type: Environment Variable Injection
- Affected Versions: 3.0.4 and below
- Severity: High
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
- CVE: CVE-2016-5385
The extension uses an old version of the third party library guzzlehttp/guzzle, which is known to be vulnerable against the HTTPOXY attack. Read https://www.symfony.fi/entry/httpoxy-vulnerability-hits-php-installations-using-fastcgi-and-php-fpm-and-hhvm or https://httpoxy.org/ for further details.
Versions of this extension that are known to be vulnerable will no longer be available for download from the TYPO3 Extension Repository. The extension author failed in providing a security fix for the reported vulnerability in a decent amount of time.
Please uninstall and delete the extension folder from your installation.
Thanks to Michael Schams who discovered and reported the vulnerability.