- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: File Dump Controller (ext:core)
- Release Date: September 13, 2022
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 7.0.0-7.6.57, 8.0.0-8.7.47, 9.0.0-9.5.36, 10.0.0-10.4.31, 11.0.0-11.5.15
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2022-36107, CWE-79
It has been discovered that the FileDumpController (backend and frontend context) is vulnerable to cross-site scripting when malicious files are displayed using this component. A valid backend user account is needed to exploit this vulnerability.
Update to TYPO3 version 7.6.58 ELTS, 8.7.48 ELTS, 9.5.37 ELTS, 10.4.32 or 11.5.16 that fix the problem described above.
Thanks to Vautia who reported this issue and to TYPO3 core & security team member Oliver Hader who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.