- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: Password Reset (ext:backend)
- Release Date: September 13, 2022
- Vulnerability Type: Broken Access Control
- Affected Versions: 10.4.0-10.4.31, 11.0.0-11.5.15
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2022-36106, CWE-672
It has been discovered that the expiration time of a password reset link for TYPO3 backend users has never been evaluated. As a result, a password reset link could be used to perform a password reset even if the default expiry time of two hours has been exceeded.
Update to TYPO3 version 10.4.32 or 11.5.16 that fix the problem described above.
Thanks to Ingo Fabbri who reported this issue and to TYPO3 security team member Torben Hansen who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.