- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: Form Framework (ext:form)
- Release Date: June 14, 2022
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 8.0.0-8.7.46 ELTS, 9.0.0-9.5.34 ELTS, 10.0.0-10.4.28, 11.0.0-11.5.10
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2022-31048, CWE-79
It has been discovered that the Form Designer backend module of the Form Framework is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A valid backend user account with access to the form module is needed to exploit this vulnerability.
Update to TYPO3 versions 8.7.47 ELTS, 9.5.35 ELTS, 10.4.29, 11.5.11 that fix the problem described above.
Thanks to Gabe Troyan who reported and fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.