- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: Exception Handling/Logger (ext:core)
- Release Date: June 14, 2022
- Vulnerability Type: Information Disclosure
- Affected Versions: 7.0.0-7.6.56 ELTS, 8.0.0-8.7.46 ELTS, 9.0.0-9.5.34 ELTS, 10.0.0-10.4.28, 11.0.0-11.5.10
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2022-31047, CWE-532
It has been discovered that system internal credentials or keys (e.g. database credentials) have been logged as plaintext in exception handlers, when logging the complete exception stack trace.
Update to TYPO3 versions 7.6.57 ELTS, 8.7.47 ELTS, 9.5.35 ELTS, 10.4.29, 11.5.11 that fix the problem described above.
Thanks to Marco Huber who reported this issue and to TYPO3 security team member Torben Hansen who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.