- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: User Authentication (ext:core)
- Release Date: July 20, 2021
- Vulnerability Type: Information Disclosure
- Affected Versions: 7.0.0-7.6.51 ELTS, 8.0.0-8.7.40 ELTS, 9.0.0-9.5.27, 10.0.0-10.4.17, 11.0.0-11.3.0
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2021-32767, CWE-532
It has been discovered that user credentials have been logged as plaintext when explicitly using log level debug, which is not the default configuration.
Update to TYPO3 versions 7.6.52 ELTS, 8.7.41 ELTS, 9.5.28, 10.4.18, 11.3.1 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to Ingo Schmitt who reported this issue, and to TYPO3 core & security team member Benni Mack who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.