- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: Form Framework (ext:form)
- Release Date: March 16, 2021
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 10.2.0-10.4.13, 11.0.0-11.1.0
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2021-21358, CWE-79
It has been discovered that the Form Designer backend module of the Form Framework is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A valid backend user account with access to the form module is needed to exploit this vulnerability.
Update to TYPO3 versions 10.4.14 or 11.1.1 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to Richie Lee who reported this issue and to TYPO3 framework merger Andreas Fernandez who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.