- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: Login Handling (ext:core)
- Release Date: March 16, 2021
- Vulnerability Type: Open Redirection
- Affected Versions: 6.2.0-6.2.56, 7.0.0-7.6.50, 8.0.0-8.7.39, 9.0.0-9.5.24, 10.0.0-10.4.13, 11.0.0-11.1.0
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:N/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2021-21338, CWE-601
It has been discovered that Login Handling is susceptible to open redirection which allows attackers redirecting to arbitrary content, and conducting phishing attacks. No authentication is required in order to exploit this vulnerability.
Update to TYPO3 versions 6.2.57, 7.6.51, 8.7.40, 9.5.25, 10.4.14, 11.1.1 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to Alexander Kellner on behalf of Bayerische Staatsbibliothek who reported this issue and to TYPO3 security team member Torben Hansen who fixed the issue.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.