- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: Query Generator (ext:lowlevel)
- Release Date: December 17, 2019
- Vulnerability Type: SQL Injection
- Affected Versions: 8.0.0-8.7.29 and 9.0.0-9.5.11 and 10.0.0-10.2.0
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.1: AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE: CVE-2019-19850
Failing to properly escape user submitted content, class QueryGenerator is vulnerable to SQL injection.
Having system extension ext:lowlevel installed and a valid backend user having administrator privileges are required to exploit this vulnerability.
Update to TYPO3 versions 8.7.30 or 9.5.12 or 10.2.2 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to Dhiraj Shrikant Datar (Zacco CyberSecurity Research Labs) who reported this issue and to TYPO3 framework merger Frank Nägler who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.