- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: Filelist Module (ext:filelist)
- Release Date: December 17, 2019
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 8.0.0-8.7.29, 9.0.0-9.5.11 and 10.0.0-10.2.0
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.1: AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE: not assigned yet
It has been discovered that the output table listing in the “Files” backend module is vulnerable to cross-site scripting when a file extension contains malicious sequences.
Access to the file system of the server - either directly or through synchronization - is required to exploit the vulnerability.
Update to TYPO3 versions 8.7.30 or 9.5.12 or 10.2.2 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to zimmer7 GmbH who reported this issue and to TYPO3 framework merger Andreas Fernandez who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.