- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Vulnerable subcomponent: Backend & Core API (ext:backend, ext:core)
- Release Date: June 25, 2019
- Vulnerability Type: Insecure Deserialization
- Affected Versions: 8.0.0-8.7.26 and 9.0.0-9.5.7
- Severity: High
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE: CVE-2019-12747
It has been discovered that FormEngine and DataHandler are vulnerable to insecure deserialization. A valid backend user account is needed in order to exploit this vulnerability.
Update to TYPO3 versions 8.7.27 or 9.5.8 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to Robin Peraglie (RIPS technologies) who reported this issue and to TYPO3 security team member Oliver Hader who fixed the issue.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.