- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Vulnerable subcomponent: Fluid (ext:fluid)
- Release Date: January 22, 2019
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 8.0.0-8.7.22 and 9.0.0-9.5.3
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE: not assigned yet
Failing to properly encode user input, templates using built-in Fluid ViewHelpers are vulnerable to cross-site scripting.
Update to TYPO3 versions 8.7.23 or 9.5.4 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to Markus Gerdes who reported this issue and to TYPO3 core team member Andreas Wolf who fixed the issue.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.