- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Vulnerable subcomponent: Localization Handling
- Release Date: January 22, 2019
- Vulnerability Type: Broken Access Control
- Affected Versions: 8.0.0-8.7.22
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:L/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE: not assigned yet
It has been discovered that backend users having limited access to specific languages are capable of modifying and creating pages in the default language which actually should be disallowed. A valid backend user account is needed in order to exploit this vulnerability.
Update to TYPO3 version 8.7.23 that fixes the problem described.
Thanks to Sascha Egerer who reported this issue and to TYPO3 core team member Oliver Hader who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.