- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Vulnerable subcomponent: RequireJS package configuration
- Release Date: January 22, 2019
- Vulnerability Type: Information Disclosure
- Affected Versions: 8.0.0-8.7.22 and 9.0.0-9.5.3
- Severity: Low
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE: not assigned yet
It has been discovered that mechanisms used for configuration of RequireJS package loading are susceptible to information disclosure. This way a potential attack can retrieve additional information about installed system and third party extensions.
Update to TYPO3 versions 8.7.23 or 9.5.4 that fix the problem described.
Strong security defaults - Manual actions required
Since this bugfix introduces new configuration, it is required to clear TYPO3 caches - which can be done either by using the TYPO3 Install Tool or the TYPO3 Console CLI tool.
Thanks to Sven Jürgens and Stefan Isak who reported this issue and to TYPO3 core team member Oliver Hader who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.