- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Vulnerable subcomponent: Install Tool
- Release Date: December 11, 2018
- Vulnerability Type: Information Disclosure
- Affected Versions: 7.0.0-7.6.31, 8.0.0-8.7.20 and 9.0.0-9.5.1
- Severity: Low
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE: not assigned yet
The Install Tool exposes the current TYPO3 version number to non-authenticated users.
Update to TYPO3 versions 7.6.32, 8.7.21 or 9.5.2 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to Manuel Bloch who reported this issue and to TYPO3 core team member Benni Mack who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.