- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Vulnerable subcomponent: Online media asset rendering
- Release Date: December 11, 2018
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 7.5.0-7.6.31, 8.0.0-8.7.20 and 9.0.0-9.5.1
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE: not assigned yet
Failing to properly encode user input, online media asset rendering (*.youtube and *.vimeo files) is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A valid backend user account or write access on the server system (e.g. SFTP) is needed in order to exploit this vulnerability.
Update to TYPO3 versions 7.6.32, 8.7.21 or 9.5.2 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to András Ottó who reported this issue and to TYPO3 core team members Susanne Moog and Stefan Neufeind who fixed the issue.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.