The TYPO3 Server Administration Team is mostly responsible for management of lower-level services. Besides maintaining the server infrastructure of the TYPO3 project, the team is also in charge of administrating several central services and web sites. We see ourselves as a service provider towards the community and other teams, like the Core Teams or the Documentation Team.
We are open for new members, while it doesn’t matter, if you are more interested in administrating operating systems, or some of the official web sites. Please get in touch with us, if you want to join our team!
The team currently consists of (in alphabetical order):
- Joern Bock (AOE media)
- Bastian Bringenberg (bbnetz.eu)
- Steffen Gebert (University of Würzburg)
- Peter Niederlag (niekom)
- Michael Stucki, Team Leader (Michael Stucki GmbH)
- Christian Trabold
- Fabien Udriot (Ecodev Sàrl)
Former team members: Sebastian Kurfürst, Ingmar Schlecht, Susanne Moog
Being a central contact point
The email address admin(at)typo3.org serves as the central point to get in contact with the persons in charge for administration of typo3.org servers and web sites. In case we are not responsible, we will delegate your email to the persons in charge. We make use of OTRS as trouble ticket system for this job.
We use OpenVZ as virtualization infrastructure. In order to keep the servers and their virtual machines up-to-date and their configuration well documented, we make use of Opscode Chef as deployment and configuration management software. If you as a TYPO3 team, or as a single person, want to offer a service to the TYPO3 community, please get in touch with us to offer you some web space or an entire virtual machine.
Email Account Management
While the email infrastructure is sponsored by punkt.de, we are in charge of creating new accounts for members of official TYPO3 teams. Members of such teams have the possibility to get a firstname.lastname@example.org email address (according to the TYPO3 Association’s rules for email addresses).
While the typo3.org web site itself is maintained by a dedicated team there are a lot of central sites, which are mainly maintained by members of the Server Admin Team. Please find an incomplete list below.
The official TYPO3 infrastructure relies on volunteer work and also on a sponsored server infrastructure. We would like to thank our graceful sponsors:
Sites and Software
Maintained by Server Admin Team
- Forge Development and Collaboration platform (forge.typo3.org)
- Git Version Control System (git.typo3.org)
- Gerrit: Code Review server (review.typo3.org)
- Subversion server (svn.typo3.org)
- BigBlueButon web conferencing server (bigbluebutton.typo3.org)
- API documentation for TYPO3 CMS and TYPO3 Flow (api.typo3.org)
- Mailing list and news group server (lists.typo3.org)
- OTRS Help Desk and Email correspondence for TYPO3 teams (otrs.typo3.org)