Upcoming elections in the TYPO3 Association 2017
February 16, 2017
Author: Stefan Busemann
Official positions in the TYPO3 Association have a tenure of office of 2 years. Each year half of the positions are newly elected. In 2017 the following positions are up for election:
In the Expert Advisory Board (EAB) the mandates of Peter Pröll, Boris Hinzer and Chris Zepernick expire.
In the Business Control Committee (BCC) the two mandates of Roberto Torresani and Ingo Schmitt expire.
In the Board the positions of Vice-President (Ric van Westhreenen), Treasurer (Alain Veuve) and 2nd Assessor (Peter Kraume) are up for election.
Who can get elected?
Starting from today until 2017-02-28 anybody can nominate himself for the vacant positions. Please use only the official nomination form to submit your nomination.
It is important that you state for which position(s) you want to nominate yourself in the comment field. You can nominate yourself for more than one position, but you can only accept one position.
Who can vote?
Positions of EAB and BCC are elected directly by the members of the TYPO3 Association. If you are a member you will get a voting token by email in March 2017. You can then cast your vote between 2017-03-13 and 2017-03-27.
Positions of the Board are elected by the current EAB in a secret election during the TYPO3 Associations next General Assembly on 2017-04-04. The Board is elected by the EAB during the General Assembly in Essen.
Good to know
If you accept your election, you have to become a personal member (bronze membership) of the TYPO3 Association.
- 16.02.2017: First announcement of the election & start of online nomination
- 28.02.2017: create voting committee
- 28.02.2017: End of nomination
- 01.03.2017: Set up discussion platform to interact with the canditdates
- 10.03.2017: second announcement of the election
- 13.03.2017: Start of the online voting
- 27.03.2017 days at 23:59: End of the online voting
- 04.04.2017 General Assembly which approves the result of the online voting