The core team is proud to announce the first Release Candidate of TYPO3 4.1. The 4.1 development is now feature frozen so only bugfixes will be added until the final release.
The changes between 4.1 Beta 3 and RC 1 are mainly limited to bugfixes, yet some smaller new features made it into this release as well.
The most notable changes are:
- PHP version requirement raised to PHP 4.3.0!
- New feature that allows to override TCA field configuration with TSConfig (by Oliver Hader)
- Usability enhancement: Label tags have been added to many more checkboxes so you can click the label to toggle them (by Ingo Renner)
- Prerequisites to use RealURL with IIS (by Martin Kutschker)
- Some database performance improvements (by Dmitry Dulepov)
- Moved prototype.js and scriptaculous to typo3/contrib/ and upgraded them to their latest versions (by Oliver Hader)
- The install tool can now be enabled by creating a file called typo3conf/ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL instead of having to remove the die() call in typo3/install/index.php after each upgrade (by Michael Stucki)
- Added hook to tcemain that is executed on deletion of records
- Lots of important bugfixes related to M:M relation handling, PHP 5.2.0 compatibility, IRRE, indexed_search and the AJAX page tree
Thanks to the developers and all those who spotted bugs in the previous Betas!
Please test this release as much as possible, getting feedback is essential to ensure the quality of the new features. If you're e.g. using one of the new features in a project of yours already and discover bugs, please report them immediately to http://bugs.typo3.org/!
To increase the chances of your bugs to get fixed in the final release, try to investigate the solution yourself, create a "unified diff" patch out of your changes and attach it to the bug report.
For more info on the status of 4.1 projects, see the 4.1 development wiki page. We're currently estimating that one more RC is necessary until the final release, which means 4.1 final can be released Monday, 26th February.
You can download the packages at http://typo3.org/download/packages/.