4.1 Beta 2 was already released together with the Security Bulletin last Wednesday. However, back then we didn't write a proper announcement of the changes between Beta 1 and Beta 2, so here it is.
Summary of changes:
Improved Extension Manager by Bernhard Kraft and Karsten Dambekalns:
- Requires less memory
- The EM now stores the list of extensions from TER in the database,
- see <link http: bugs.typo3.org>bugs.typo3.org/view.php
Two nice usability enhancements by Ingo Renner:
- Using <label> tags in tceforms where appropriate to enhance usability in the Backend forms
- Increase length for titles of be_users, be_groups, and fe_groups
Better getRecordTitle() function by David Brühlmeier:
- It's now possible to define a "label_userFunc"
- This makes it possible to e.g. define the label of a "persons" table as displayed in the list module to be like "Lastname, Firstname". Until now you could only define one field to be the "labelfield".
More localization of the User>Workspaces module by Marc Wöhlken
UTF-8 for log files by Martin Kutschker:
- TYPO3 now logs page paths in UTF-8 if config.stat_apache_niceTitle is set to "utf-8" in the TypoScript template Setup.
A couple of <link http: wiki.typo3.org index.php inline_relational_record_editing>IRRE related fixes and new features by Oliver Hader:
- Automatic sorting by a "sortby" field (e.g. the title)
- Possibility to have relations from different parent tables to a child table
- Expanded/collapsed states are saved in the User Config (uc) now
Thanks to all the developers, the teamwork is really fun at the moment!
You can download the packages at <link http: typo3.org download packages>typo3.org/download/packages/
Please test this Beta as much as possible, getting feedback is essential to ensure the quality of the new features. If you're e.g. using IRRE or any other of the new features in a project of yours already and discover bugs, please report them immediately to <link http: bugs.typo3.org>bugs.typo3.org
For more info on the status of 4.1 projects, see <link http: wiki.typo3.org index.php>wiki.typo3.org/index.php/4.1_Development
. We're planning to release one more Beta, and then proceed to the RC-phase.