In November 2004, some members of the TYPO3 community, including Kasper Skårhøj and other long-term contributors, founded a not-for-profit organization called the TYPO3 Association. Its main goal is to support core development on a more steady basis and improve the transparency and efficiency of various aspects of the TYPO3 project. The work of the TYPO3 Association is funded by members and sponsors.
TYPO3 is part of OASIS (Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards). OASIS is a non-profit consortium that drives the development, convergence and adoption of open standards for the global information society.
TYPO3 is also affiliate member of the OSI. The Open Source Initiative (OSI) is a non-profit corporation with global scope formed to educate about and advocate for the benefits of open source and to build bridges among different constituencies in the open source community.
- What is the TYPO3 Association?
- How can I become a member?
- How can I sponsor a project?
- What did the TYPO3 Association do in the past?
- What are the TYPO3 Association events and when do they take place?
Goals of the TYPO3 Association
The TYPO3 Association goals as defined by the bylaws:
- Events for the purpose of information and further training
- Internal and external communication to spread knowledge and competence for using the system
- Sustained, particularly long-term development of the software project TYPO3
- Securing trademark rights in the interest of the TYPO3 community