Core Development Team
To Jointly Innovate Excellent Free Software Enabling People to Communicate.
TYPO3 Core Development Team Mission Statement
The TYPO3 Core Development Team is dedicated to develop and maintain the central parts of our favorite CMS. Check further down our mission statement. Additionally there are sub teams for TYPO3 CMS and TYPO3 Neos as well as project teams working on major features for specific versions.
These pages contain information about the current and future development as well as helpful resources and guidelines.
You don't need to be a core team member in order to contribute code to TYPO3. For TYPO3 CMS please follow the instructions given in the Core Mailinglist Rules. For Neos you need to sign a Contributor License Agreement before submitting contributions. As soon as you did that, you can push your contribution to review.typo3.org (read more about this on the forge wiki).
"To Jointly Innovate Excellent Free Software Enabling People to Communicate."
The TYPO3 Core Development Team endeavors to make TYPO3 the best of its breed. To achieve this mission it pursues the following goals:
- maintain and enhance the TYPO3 core
- ensure TYPO3 source code quality
- be a pillar of the community
This translates into the following tasks:
- package and publish new releases according to the release and maintenance policies
- review patches both before and after commits
- care for the central development infrastructure (version control system, bug tracker)
- participate in the mailing lists and in community events, in particular the TYPO3 Developer Days (T3DD)
- ensure its own continuity by educating and inspiring community members to participate in the development and maintenance of the core
- Not all members take up all the tasks, but the whole team is responsible for that.
- Members must keep an open mindset to new ideas from both inside and outside of the team.