In October 2008, the TYPO3 Core team gathered for development meetings in Berlin. The primary focus of these meetings was the roadmap for TYPO3, both the current TYPO3 v4 and the upcoming TYPO3 v5. In addition the team also clarified the future of v4 and v5 for agencies and developers using TYPO3.
We, the participants of the T3TD08 state that ...
- TYPO3 v4 continues to be actively developed
- v4 development will continue after the the release of v5
- Future releases of v4 will see its features converge with those in TYPO3 v5
- TYPO3 v5 will be the successor to TYPO3 v4
- Migration of content from TYPO3 v4 to TYPO3 v5 will be easily possible
- TYPO3 v5 will introduce many new concepts and ideas. Learning never stops and we'll help with adequate resources to ensure a smooth transition
Patrick Broens, Karsten Dambekalns, Dmitry Dulepov, Andreas Förthner, Oliver Hader, Martin Herr, Christian Jul Jensen, Thorsten Kahler, Steffen Kamper, Christian Kuhn, Sebastian Kurfürst, Martin Kutschker, Robert Lemke, Tobias Liebig, Benjamin Mack, Peter Niederlag, Jochen Rau, Ingo Renner, Ingmar Schlecht, Jeff Segars, Michael Stucki, Bastian Waidelich
Remarks of the TYPO3 Editorial Team: In December 2013 TYPO3 v5 (formerly also known as "Phoenix") was launched as TYPO3 Neos and completes the TYPO3 product family, rather than being a successor of TYPO3 CMS. TYPO3 v4 will continue it's development as TYPO3 CMS v6.