- Operating System: Unix (e.g. Linux), Windows or Mac
- Webserver: Apache (recommended), IIS, theoretically any PHP enabled Webserver
- Middleware: PHP (see packages for required versions)
- Database: MySQL or any other database system supported by the TYPO3 DBAL (e.g. Oracle, Postgres etc.)
- Hardware: at least 256 MB of RAM. As with all database-driven applications, more RAM is advisable.
High-performance setups will want to make use of load-balancing and use the staging/static HTML-export capability of TYPO3. Check for the static file setup in the mailing list archives and in the installation script to get started.
- GraphicsMagick (standalone) or ImageMagick
- GDlib/Freetype (compiled with PHP)
- zlib (compiled with PHP)
Apache with mod_deflate/mod_rewrite
- A PHP-cache (e.g. APC / PHP-accelerator / Zend Accelerator, UNIX only)
Individual 3rd party extensions may require additional software.
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox on any OS, Internet Explorer 7+ on Windows
- Required: Any graphical browser on any OS (IE, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Konqueror on Windows, Unix, Mac)
Note: memory consumption
Currently, there are parts in TYPO3 requiring more than the usual memory configured in the php.ini files of default installations. Usually, that memorylimit is ignored unless support for it has been compiled into PHP (or if you are running PHP as CGI) and doesn't cause any problems. Nonetheless, we recommend you configure for at least 128 MB memory, better even 256 MB and more.